Time Travel to the World of the Ancient Orient (Museum Collections)
- Please note that the Museum Collections will be closed 24 July - 17 November 2017 due to Special Exhibitions.
Close-up Gallery: Clay Tablets and Seals: Ancient Emar on the Euphrates
Opening: 1 April - 28 May 2017
CLOSE-UP GALLERY TO COME
Close-up Gallery: Bedouins in the Syrian Desert, Through Megumi Yoshitake's Photography
Opening: 10 June - 17 July 2017
Lecture: "Clay Tablets and Seals"
Date: 22 April 2017
Lecturer: Akio Tsukimoto, Keiko Ishida (The Ancient Orient Museum)
Workshop: "Making Cuneiform Tablets and Sealing them!"
Date: 29 April 2017
Lecturer: Yoko Watai (JSPS Research Fellow PD)
Plan Your Visit
10.00 - 17.00 (Last admission 16.30)
Short guides in English, Korean, and Chinese are available from the museum reception.
Evening Gallery: 10:00 – 20:00 on occasional Fridays when Evening Lectures are scheduled (admission up to 19:30).
Read More (in Japanese)
New Year holidays from late December to early January, and during exhibition updates
Admission Fees (Museum Collections)
|Individual||Group (over 20 people)|
|Adults||600 Yen||500 Yen|
|Students||500 Yen||400 Yen|
|Schoolchildren||200 Yen||100 Yen|
- - Special Exhibitions require separate admission fees (visit each Japanese page for Special Exhibitions).
- - Free for Museum Members.
- - Elementary and junior high school students (with school ID) are free on Saturdays and Sundays (Museum Collections only).
- - Half price for visitors with disabilities and free entry for one attendant.
- For further information, please contact the museum reception.
Guidelines for Visitors
- - Please refrain from any actions that may disturb other visitors or damage museum facilities.
- - Smoking and eating/drinking inside the museum are strictly prohibited.
- - Photographing the objects on display is not allowed without permission.
- - Dangerous items and pets are also prohibited in the museum (except service animals).
Access to the Museum
approximately 15-minute walk from Ikebukuro Station, East exit (JR Lines, Tokyo Metro subway, Seibu and Tobu Lines), or 6-minute walk from Higashi-Ikebukuro Station (Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line), exits Nos. 6 and 7.
Sunshine City Underground Parking (300 Yen/30 minutes)
Higashi-Ikebukuro 3-1-4, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 170-8630, Japan
Sunshine City Bunka-kaikan 7th floor
TEL: +81-3-3989-3491 FAX: +81-3-3590-3266
e-mail: museum●orientmuseum.com (replace ● with @)
Free of charge for students and staff who are affiliated with the following universities (please show your student/staff ID at the museum entrance): Kokushikan University, Sophia University, University of the Sacred Heart Tokyo, and Rikkyo University.